Sunday, June 14, 2009

HOORAY FOR VACATIONS!

Jacob just found out that we got into the Army marriage retreat being held at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando in July. We are SOOOO excited! Our plan is to head down to Palatka, FL, on July 9 with my parents, spend the night at the lake house there, and head over to Orlando on the morning of the 10th. Jake and I will be at the retreat July 10-12. After it's over, we will head back to Palatka and spend a few days fishing and just relaxing with my family. Yes, I'm more than a little ECSTATIC about getting away for a WHOLE WEEK!

This coming up week is going to be busy. Jake is off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and we have plans to help my parents at the house in Mitchell County. We absolutely love spending time over there, and it's certainly nice to have the help with Noah. Our goals this week include finishing the back bedroom and getting a chain link fence put up for the dogs. We have decided that Dixie is going to go live with Mom and Dad until she calms down some. They have a little more time (and know-how) during the summer to spend with her and help train her. I am definitely going to miss my guard-dog, though!

Anyways, I'm getting off the computer now so that I can watch Army Wives. That show takes on an entirely new meaning when you're actually the wife of a soldier!

No comments:

Post a Comment