Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I have a few minutes to update tonight because Noah is in the bed and Jacob has gone with my dad to hear the Chuck Wagon Gang in Norman Park. We had a wonderful evening celebrating Father's Day with my mom and dad. Jake grilled pork chops and we ate dinner at our house. Jacob made Father's Day extra special for my dad by taking him to the concert tonight. Jake even had a good time and won a CD for being the youngest father at the sing...he was excited! Unfortunately, Jake has to work tomorrow (Hopefully, his new tacklebox will brighten his day!). When he gets off, we are going to Uncle Clint's house for a Father's Day cookout. I'll post pictures as soon as I have time.

Last Wednesday evening, we invited Jacob's grandparents out to the house my parents are in the process of remodeling for a fish fry. Jacob and I have been struggling to understand some things happening in our lives the last few weeks, but this evening was exactly what we needed. Granny and "Pops" Witczak, Josh (Jake's brother), Dondi, Papa Juddie, Aunt Joanne and Uncle Clint, Grandaddy, Aunt Kaye, Aunt Mildred, and Maegan all came to eat with us. The fellowship with friends and family gave us the opportunity to see just how many people in our lives love us and will be there for us no matter what.Noah is growing by leaps and bounds! Last week, he VERY suddenly stopped fitting into his 3 month sleepers (he's too long). He's now wearing a size 3 months in regular clothes and 3-6 months in sleepers. He's eating cereal on a regular basis, and I've started giving him a LITTLE baby food every now and then just to let him get used to the different textures in his mouth. We're FINALLY settling into a schedule. We start our nightly routine of bath, bottle, and bed by 7:45 each night. He's going to sleep around 9:00 and sleeping until at least 5:00 each morning. PRAISE THE LORD! I can't believe how quickly my baby boy is growing up!

It's getting late and Jacob has to get up eary in the morning, so I'm headed to bed. We are looking forward to a wonderful morning of worship at Northside in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment